gALPHA is a program of nationally ranked startup accelerator gener8tor. gALPHA is a hybrid between an accelerator and a development-sprint program that offers its services for free to help entrepreneurially-minded individuals start building companies. Through gALPHA, the gener8tor team provides individualized mentorship and coaching to students interested in entrepreneurship and startups. The program is designed to help individuals identify business models and teach lean product development and customer validation.
gener8tor is partnering with the UW-Madison Computer Sciences Department and the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) to bring its gALPHA program to the UW-Madison campus. The program, “gALPHA+CS,” will pull talent and industry experts from across campus, match them with computer science students, help them build products, and ultimately start companies.
Who Can Apply?
- Students, recent alumni, and faculty of UW-Madison.
- Team members of those listed above.
Deliverables During gALPHA Include:
- Product Development: Participants will ideate, validate and build minimum viable products (MVPs).
- Culture: Participants will experience first-hand the challenges, but also tremendous benefit, of iterating quickly with minimal resources in solving business problems.
- Methodology: Participants will come away with a roadmap for testing new ideas through the design of an MVP.
Like what you're hearing? Get involved!
Spring 2018: February 24-March22
Applications due February 17th
gALPHA Office Hours
Work with our team on your startup interests or idea, and learn more about the gALPHA program. We hold office hours throughout the year to meet one-on-one with entrepreneurs and anyone interested in getting involved.
326 W Gorham Street
Madison, WI 53703