gALPHA is a free, four-week venture-creation workshop designed to help entrepreneurially minded students and technologists create high-growth startups. gALPHA provides product ideas, mentorship and coaching to teams of students and technologists, and then works with them one-on-one for one month to help them develop an innovative and marketable product or solution. gALPHA is a program of the nationally ranked startup accelerator gener8tor.
gener8tor is partnering with the UW-Madison Computer Sciences Department and the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) to bring its gALPHA program to the UW-Madison campus. The program, “gALPHA+CS,” will pull talent and industry experts from across campus, match them with computer science students, help them build products, and ultimately start companies.
Who Can Apply?
- Students, recent alumni, and faculty of UW-Madison.
- Team members of those listed above.
Deliverables During gALPHA Include:
- Product Development: Participants will ideate, validate and build minimum viable products (MVPs).
- Culture: Participants will experience first-hand the challenges, but also tremendous benefit, of iterating quickly with minimal resources in solving business problems.
- Methodology: Participants will come away with a roadmap for testing new ideas through the design of an MVP.
Like what you're hearing? Get involved!
Summer 2018 Dates:
June 27 - August 2
*Applications due June 22
326 W Gorham Street
Madison, WI 53703